Cloud Fundamental PSN as a Service
What is the PSN?
The Public Services Network (PSN) is the UK government’s high-performance network, which helps public sector organisations work together, reduce duplication and share resources.
It unified the provision of network infrastructure across the United Kingdom public sector into an interconnected “network of networks” to increase efficiency and reduce overall public expenditure.
Conceived in 2005 under the original name of the Public Sector Network, the PSN was originally designed to enable Government departments and external partners who together provided services to share data.
Due to the nature of that data which flows through the PSN, there are strict controls around who can connect to the network.
Organisations connecting to the PSN require a Compliance Certificate which indicates that they meet the requirements of the network. The application process for a Compliance Certificate includes completing a Code of Connection (CoCo) and undertaking an independent IT Heath Check (ITHC)
What is PSN-as-a-Service?
Cloud Fundamental offer PSN-as-a-Service (PSNaaS) to provide secure connectivity to the PSN for Government departments who would like to host their services in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) London Region or for companies offering PSN Compliant services on the internet which need to be accessed via the PSN.
Our service provides a secure, accredited, gateway solution to and from the PSN and scalable connectivity on a pay-per-use model.
PSN-as-a-Service negates the need to pre-agree a contract with a connectivity provider for a minimum term, link size of connection for connectivity to the Public Service Network. The service is contract free with no minimum period of use.
The infrastructure that supports the link is maintained and monitored by Cloud Fundamental and usage is paid for by the amount of data transferred, not as a fixed amount. Spikes in usage are easily accommodated, and core hours support is included in the data (per GB) rate.
• Secure connectivity to the PSN from AWS London Region
• Secure gateway on perimeter for customer access to the PSN
• Access AWS features; load balancing, multiple availability zones and DNS
• Uses PSN IP ranges which can be accessed from PSN
• Pay-per-use model – only charged per GB transferred
• Easily attach existing AWS accounts and VPC’s to the gateway
• Secure gateway solution to the PSN minimising AWS deployment times
• Scalable network solution to provide the required bandwidth
• All individual customer data is isolated
• Built to adhere to the PSN Service Security Standards (PSSS)
• Pre-provisioned PSN capacity drastically reducing lead times for AWS deployments
• Secure network to PSN connectivity accelerates provisioning of AWS Services
• Pay-for-use PSN connectivity without long term commitment
• No direct commercial arrangements with WAN suppliers avoiding minimum terms
• Cloud Fundamental is your single point of contact
• PSN-as-a-Service provides perimeter firewall and controls for secure access
• Access AWS via secure PSN for greater operational savings
• Solution is constantly monitored with guaranteed service levels
Organisations connecting to the PSN require a Compliance Certificate which indicates that they meet the requirements of the network. The application process for a Compliance Certificate includes completing a Code of Connection (CoCo) and undertaking an independent IT Heath Check (ITHC).
We can assist you in achieving accreditation for your environment, contact us for advice on the best approach.
Once you have achieved certification you are then free to connect using our service. On-boarding is a straightforward process. We will guide you through the information required to access our AWS End Point, we’ll need some key information from you regarding where you’re coming from and where you’d like to go.
Customer Obsessed Support
Cloud Fundamental’s approach to support is more than just break-fix. We base our support function on the ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) framework, which is designed to standardise IT maintenance and support, improving efficiency and achieving predictable service delivery.
Our core support hours are 9.00 to 17.00 Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).
Cloud Fundamental are also pleased to discuss the option of extended support hours further to progressing the on-boarding of a support agreement.
Our experienced and security cleared support team use JIRA, an industry leading service management tool, to log, track and aid in the resolution of incidents.
Flexible, secure, accredited, reliable, Cloud Fundamental PSN-as-a-Service.
Contact us to get started.
We are the first enterprise ready Amazon Web Services partner and cloud delivery transformation consultancy who truly understand legacy environments and what the power of the cloud can deliver. Contact us